Sunday, September 4, 2016

JUSTINE: INTO THE BLOOD


A vampire prince and a beautiful Parisienne meet in the 18th century City of Light...

"Revenge, betrayal, passion, bloodshed, lust and love are just a few of the elements of this dark and spellbinding book." BJ Gaskill

Upon meeting the Vampire Prince of Paris:

"The blackness turned to shadows and from within those shadows I saw figures. They might have been my parents. I called out to them but then felt myself drifting away; slowly at first then more quickly. There were shouts and cries of the damned I was certain. Was I bound for hell? I don’t think I cared. And then I heard a voice, quite distinct it was too. Someone was calling me forth.

“Rise!”

It was a man’s voice, rich and deep sounding. At first I thought it was the count… I might have even called out Oriani’s name. There was no answer though, just words spoken that sounded strange. 

“Enter the darkness and live again!”

There was soft murmuring. Muffled voices and whispers, voices saying things I could not understand.

“Drink!”

I thought it was water and I obeyed. But then I smelled it and turned away. “Please no!”

Was it wine? If it was it smelled awful.

“You must drink…”

I looked to see someone’s wrist. There was blood pouring from it. I gasped as it was held over my mouth. The blood was splashing down on me and still I would not open my mouth.

“She is sinking fast…”

“Open your mouth and drink!”

I obeyed because a man was pleading with me. He looked so sad and impassioned. “It is the only thing that will bring you back!”

I opened my mouth to receive his blood and become what he wished me to be. What it was my destiny to become; a vampire, a blood imbibing creature of the night, a cursed being condemned to feed like the vampire bat. I would call shadows home along with night. Sun would become my enemy.

There were many about me. I had visions of people I neither knew nor recognized. They weren’t my memories, of that I was certain.

“The things you are seeing are from my living life for it is my blood you drink.”

I tried to understand but it was so difficult. Something struck me. It felt like a hard stinging slap, but I did not cry out. I heard the sound of another slap and the cry of a woman following it. There was scuffling too, accompanied by a warning:

“Leave her alone or I will tear you apart.”

I had regained my senses. As I looked about, I saw I was in a dark cavernous room—it was dimly lit—the light within came from flickering candles. There were shadows and I was frightened. There was too, the smell of damp and dust. It was almost overpowering.

I saw her then, a woman with disheveled hair glared at me before rushing away. I was certain she was the one that had slapped me.

I tried to lunge at her! As weak as I still was, I tried, for I was filled with rage and loathing. The man held me down. “Let me look into your eyes.”

He nodded sadly after he did. “I don’t know how you were before, but now you are the devil’s own. Some return different with hell’s taint upon them. I fear you are one of those…”

I had passed into the blood. The being that was Justine Bodeau had ceased to exist. In her place was a raging vampire. Wantonness and hatred replaced my soul. Whatever I had been I would be no more.

They say I slept for days, not sleep as I had known it but the deep nearly fathomless sleep of the vampire. When I woke I was alone but for a man sitting near me. As he had his back to me, I could not see his face. He turned suddenly, as if he knew I was looking at him. He was the man whose blood I had drunk. “I am Gascoyne,” he said. “I am called the Vampire Prince of Paris.”

When I made no reply he asked me my name. “I am called Justine,” was my reply..."
*

“Top of its genre!"


"Revenge, betrayal, passion, bloodshed, lust and love are just a few of the elements of this dark and spellbinding book."


"Justine, realizes she as a vampire could actually love and in fact is in love with Gascoyne. I think that was the turning point in the story."


"This vampire romance is rich in history, deep in blood sex and exotic locations and is very highly recommended."

"Vampires have their own allure and none more so than the female."


MONDAY, SEPT. 5 - SUNDAY, SEPT. 11, 99CENTS/99PENCE

Don't forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment