Monday, March 16, 2015

EXCERPT: BOOK 2 BLOOD & PASSION SERIES


Current work in progress, Anat: Blood Princess

Book 2, Anat: Blood Princess is a story of love and loss, betrayal and magic; dark magic and sorcery. Pharaoh's sorcerer loved her and refused to give her up. Raised from the dead, Anat found herself in the cursed realm of the undead, destined to live many lifetimes pursued by those she hated in search of those she loved.

From the book:

"I, Agrippe, Princess; Great of Praises; Lady of Grace Sweet of Love, Lady of The Two Lands, Daughter to Pharaoh Amenhotep III Son of Re, Lord of Diadems: Beloved of Amon, daughter to Queen Tigye—Daughter of Isis, divine child of hope…my mother.

Her face was the first I saw in my living life and the last I saw upon her death. She was dead before I disgraced my name and rank. I committed the worst sin, I loved a slave. If this is my confession then let me add to the list…the name of Ramet, beloved of princess Agrippe, lover, and friend, Ramet, a slave to the mighty Pharaoh.

And what is the punishment for a princess who loves a slave to Pharaoh? It is exile. No one may speak her name, not a mother or sister or brother. It is as though she was never born and had left no mark upon the earth or mankind.

But what is the punishment for the slave for that same sin? It is castration. After which he is left to die outside the city precincts.

Before he died, while blood ran through his veins and love lived in his beating heart, he came to me first as a friend and then as a lover. He cheered me when I was sad, singing songs I would never forget.

I was twenty. Royal children married far younger. My mother didn’t wish me to marry so young; she said it would be better if I were mature. Father listened and then upon my twentieth birthday, my mother died. Shortly after a husband was chosen for me. His was of a noble house. We were bound by words in ceremonial splendor. Father was pleased. Our two houses were joined.

Setant, a prince of the House of Ammenteris and myself would create bloodlines of new royal stock. We would honor our families, our people, and our nation."


End of excerpt.

MORE UPDATES TO FOLLOW! 

Anat, whose living life was in Ancient Egypt committed an unpardonable sin as a royal princess. She fell madly in love with a slave. They both paid dearly for this taboo affair.

Her former lover, Ramet, is a main character in Book 1, Justine: Into The Blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment