Tuesday, March 10, 2015

EXCERPT: THE OCCUPANTS OF HEATHSTONE HOUSE


They sought death since childhood. Why?

"Her voice came to me from afar, ‘Please come. We need you to help us..."


It was a voice from the past, a distant memory of a childhood friend and her brother, drawing me forth from my own peculiar world. For peculiar it is—as you shall see.

As I journeyed forth I worried that I would arrive too late, unable to ease their suffering and fear.

These were troubling thoughts and so I drove my steed onward, faster and faster.

“Please,” I shouted, “there is no time to waste not a moment!”

And there wasn’t as daylight was fading fast.

I kept measuring the darkness for it was increasing by the moment and as it did my horse began to slow, still I drove it on. Then at last I saw a turret rising above the bleak woods.

“We are nearly there!” I cried. We were for we were already in sight of the house and so near to the sad occupants within.

Heathstone House was now coming fully into sight--Heathstone with the last two of its accursed line, the brother and sister Jeremiah and Christine, former playmates of mine. Well perhaps that is not the right term, for I was not really a child but only childlike.

None of us can help what we are, and I could not, though I wished I could.
Still it was enough for me to play with them and visit them undetected.
They called me their secret playmate and I was, comforting them as much as I could for no one else did.

It was the children’s desire to die which brought me to that lonely nursery all those years ago. 

(end of excerpt) 

In this horror collection you'll find stories of vampires, zombies, murderous midgets, demon clowns, evil dolls, haunted cemeteries, a real shop of horrors, taxidermy gone haywire, serial killers and more! 
Your worst fears and nightmares dished up for you with extra helpings of blood-curdling terror!

Review: 

"There is no doubt that she soars above the endless parade of independent horror authors to shine as a true star in the darkness. With the brilliant anthology House of Horrors she proves why she is a perennial favorite. To put it simply, this is a great assembly of tales anyone would be proud to have in their collection"

~Joshua Skye
DARK MEDIA

No comments:

Post a Comment