Saturday, July 16, 2016

The Blood Monster and Her Memoir


Countess Erzsebet Bathory was a sexual sadist with absolute power. Sadly, despite being well-educated, she believed blood was the elixir of youth. 
This excerpt is from the beginning of the novel:

Excerpt:

I, Bathory, Queen of Blood

Chapter 1

New York 2016

Think of it, Anton, the blood monster is going to write her memoirs! Erzsebet Bathory, known to the world for the past four centuries as a bloodthirsty monster is to recall her living life, as well as her undead existence. This, when all I’ve wanted is to forget everything. 

I was asked to do it, but it was an easy choice to make, for I would do anything to save you, to bring you back to me! 

Anton, my one and only love, you hover close to the great abyss, the pit of darkness from which no vampire returns. Of course, I will do whatever I can to save you the pain and horror of that. 

The doctor has just left and I am doing what he recommends. He advised me to write my memoirs. It is to help you ostensibly, so that you might recall things when you waken. I think he also wants me to occupy myself so that I don’t madden further—for I walk a fine line now. You see, I cannot imagine going on without you, Anton, my dearest. We have been together too long. 

As for you, my love, he fears your memory will not be intact when you waken. Yes, I am going to be optimistic! He’s implored me to be. In his experience, he said, it is the only way to be. He’s knows for he is a vampire himself!

What a time it was when vampirism was legalized. Now we have clubs and businesses. We can purchase what we need. No one has to die to feed us. This is an uncomfortable thought for me, as it was my insane butchery of one of our own performers that caused you to be so ill. My heart, though it does not beat, is filled with guilt for I know I have caused this sickness in you. 

Your skin is ashen, normally cool to the touch; is turning colder. I do not want to think what that may signal, so I will not!

Do you recall the day that preceded this, your deep sleep? This frightening, trance-like state you are in? The modern word is coma. Interesting how our vocabulary adapts itself continually as we endure. We learn as we go, isn’t that right? 

That dreadful day began so nicely. You came to me while I showered, your face smiling and showing me how much you wanted me. Your hungry gaze swept over my body. Your touch was magic. I trembled under it, as I always have.

Yes, our kind enjoys sensual pleasure. It is what we exist for, sexual creatures that we are. Sex and feeding—what more is there than that to a vampire? All of our senses are heightened, as is touch. I smiled when I saw that familiar light in your eyes. 

I wrapped the towel around me, breathing in its fragrance. It was scented, of course, a luxury I insist on. Patting myself dry, I paused to stare at my nakedness, not displeased with how I looked. But then again, I am ageless. Ageless because of you, my love and your gift of immortality..."

"5out of 5 stars HORRIFIC VAMPS & GREAT STORY!!!
I'm hooked on Carole Gill!! I prefer more details about a Vampires life, knowing they're Satan's creatures, and love that this author portrays them as they are!!! Intense read and that there's real history in her novels, makes it even more interesting!! If you're offended by language, sex, bondage, and savagery, look to the Chic lit on the paranormal!!! Carole Gill is phenomenal!!!!"

“HER BEST YET!” 5 STARS*


“Solid Gothic horror from Gill!”

No comments:

Post a Comment