Tuesday, August 18, 2015

DRACULA AND HIS BRIDES!



WHAT WAS DRACULA'S EXISTENCE LIKE WITH HIS BRIDES? WAS IT AS EROTIC AS WE THINK IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN. HERE'S AN EXCERPT:

"I slept the first sleep of the vampire there in the crypt. My eyes lighted upon the great caskets. The place smelled of rot and decay, yet it was pleasing to me as this place would always be my bedchamber.

Dracula carried me in his arms. “My wife,” he said. “Now, it is time to rest.”
I barely recall closing my eyes I only remember darkness and then the sound of the casket opening.

The crypt was full of shadows yet I saw a face peering into my mine. “Come, sister.”

Hands reached out and I saw the other brides. They sat me up and dressed me for I was naked. They giggled, too. “These are your wedding clothes. Now you are his forever as we are...”

Something struck me then. Something about their eyes. Though their lips spoke of love, their eyes reflected jealousy.

They told me their names in their soft yet strangely discordant voices. Now, I could see them quite clearly. I was surprised to see they all looked alike; truly they did look like sisters.

The most beautiful of the three spoke first. “I am called Verona the fair,” she said, touching her long blonde hair. “ These are Marishka and Aleera.”

As she said their names she began to touch them and they moaned with pleasure until they were all three naked.

Dracula looked pleased. “They love one another as they will love you, dear one.”
Though I didn’t wish it, I saw that he wanted me to go to them. “Please,” he said.
Their hands and lips were once again upon me, although now it was different. Now their touch hurt and I tried to pull away.

Dracula didn’t see my discomfiture for he had turned to leave the chamber.
“Come, it is time to feed,” he said. “Our world is the night and our sun is the moon.”

The sisters were right behind me. Their giggles sounded ominous. “Yes, to feed, Dia. To feed and to love...”

I watched them drift beyond the castle walls. And remarkably, I did the same—a thrilling and strange experience. It was a dark fantasy, what else could it be? And though I wondered about it, I did not care. Just to be enveloped in it was all I wanted.

The air was cold, yet I didn’t mind. I found it bracing. Never had my senses been as keen. I smelled pungent foliage and animals, too. And blood. Yes, tangy blood. Blood I wished to drink!

Dracula stood nearby and motioned me forward. He didn’t have to; the scent of human blood would have drawn me there. A man lay on the ground, not fully conscious.

“I have half strangled him,” Dracula said as he knelt down and began feeding. At last he glanced up. “He still lives; you may only feed on the living. Come, child.”
I did not hesitate; any sense of decency was gone. I was a wanton thing, a creature of the night in search of blood and little else.

He took my hand to guide it toward my lips. “Feel them,”

I felt my longer incisors and gasped.

He dipped his finger in the man’s blood. “Taste it.”

I sucked his finger with great hunger and relish. Divine. Then with joyful abandon, I bent down to feed. I fed voraciously because I was ravenous.

As I sucked forth the man’s blood, I saw his life. I saw the simple cottage of a peasant and a woman and children—his family. Yet though I saw these things, I didn’t care. It meant nothing to me. Only the blood and my beastly satisfaction were important.

I continued to feed and began to see different scenes, all having to do with the dying man’s life. When he shuddered, Dracula touched me. “You can take no more.”

I realized the man was dead, for the shuddering had stopped. And I cried because I wished more! Dracula shook his head. “You must never weaken. Never sup on the blood of the dead for if you do, your fate will be more horrible than you can imagine.”


'92 Horror authors you need to read right now'
Carole Gill -- the Blackstone Vampires series
~Charlotte Books EXAMINER


.


$2.99

ALTHOUGH BOOK 4 IN THE BLACKSTONE VAMPIRES SERIES, 
IT CAN BE READ AS A STAND ALONE


No comments:

Post a Comment