Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Love and the Vampire


They're complex beings as I see them with complex emotions. In my fiction I depict them as remembering love. Their memories are everything to them. And because they have no souls, they fill that void with memories of love.

Of course they all differ as all beings do. I picture many of them filled with regret. In fact, they are often motivated by lust, remembering love which they no longer feel and regretting it.

And what of vampires and humans? Well, I've explored that also in my fiction. I've even had a vampire destroyer unable to kill the beautiful bride of Dracula. This is in The Fourth Bride. He raises the stake but cannot bring it down to destroy her. How conflicted is that?

And really when you consider it, vampires are nearly immortal. They can exist for several human lifetimes or more. How do they manage their memories?

I want readers to feel what it's like to be a vampire. To feel it so that they know. I want that because I guess you could say, I'm trying to be their voice.


THE BLACKSTONE VAMPIRES SERIES 
BOX SET ALL FOUR NOVELS $4.99!




2014 - Amazon Bestseller in Dark Fantasy - THE BLACKSTONE VAMPIRES OMNIBUS
2015 - Amazon Bestseller in Vampire Horror - THE BLACKSTONE VAMPIRES OMNIBUS

No comments:

Post a Comment