Sunday, November 13, 2016

The London Rakes Loved Vampires!



The Regency and the London Rakes! So much to discover. Justine and Gascoyne find immorality and lust among the upper classes. Vampires are always welcome. Those rakes, what they get up to! This excerpt is about that!

"Lord Fenway, what can I say about him, aside from him being the most notorious rake and womanizer, he was also a loyal member of the Society of Satan Club. Actually they weren’t real devotees of Satan at all. They were naughty aristos who enjoyed the most decadent orgies possible. No orgy was complete without a host of vampires.

They competed with another such club: the Hellfire Club. The difference being was Hellfire Club members did not get their sexual thrill from being fed on by vampires.

As for Fenway, he was quite handsome in his way, mature—silver haired with fine features. He did have the look of a lech about him though which was understandable as he was quite the most outrageous aristocrat I had ever heard of and that’s saying something because so many of these men were absolute satyrs.

He spoke incessantly that night of all the many women, both human and vampiric he had enjoyed. He spoke so long I began to grow weary and felt myself nodding off.

I don’t remember falling asleep however all I can recall is being carried from the room. When I woke I found myself in a different chamber. Gascoyne was there. He was already awake.

I was not at my best. In fact I was annoyed by Fenway’s actions but I was particularly incensed by Lady Storeton and Gascoyne too. “That bitch, going down on you like that. And then you took her! I didn’t think it would ever end.”

Gascoyne tried to speak but I didn’t let him. “And that perverted old man, Fenway, what’s wrong with him?”

That’s when Gascoyne told me he was a rake. “He’s made so many of the Queen’s ladies in waiting pregnant; he has a nursery named after him. Actually,” Gascoyne smiled. “He is a most amusing fellow.”

“Is he?” I shouted. “Well he has tired me out. I want nothing to do with him ever again!”

“You sound like a child.”

“I hate him. I hate all of them. Even Charles and our host! I never want to see them again.”

Gascoyne sighed. “Justine, they are testing you. If we are to flourish in the blood clubs, they want to be sure you will be suitable…”

If I was angry before, this made me furious. I just stared at him.

Gascoyne shrugged. “Look, they are degenerate. Much of the aristocracy is. They always have been. Talk to our elders—see what they tell you about what they have experienced in their living lives and undead ones. They will tell you I am sure what went on in ancient Greece. You will be shocked.” At this point I didn’t think anything could shock me. “Truly, they are sex mad. They want for nothing. The rich and powerful are different. I know you know that…”

He was referring to the French court. To which I replied that I didn’t know what went on behind closed doors.

“Well perhaps not, but ask Korven to tell you about the orgies the sun king enjoyed; Louis XIV’s masked balls catered to every sort of vice and perversion being committed in full view of servants and invited guests. I understand everyone took part in them, even the servants!”


He paused and took my hand. I let him hold it. Now I was prepared to listen to everything. “What we have to do is please them. It is to our benefit. You don’t want to be at risk do you, competing with rats in abandoned shops and houses for sustenance? Remember how you felt? How we both felt? Remember too, Justine these people get great sexual gratification out of being fed on so that is what we have to focus on—that is their weakness. For it is an addiction. So is sex for them, but the more they depend on us and our kind to feed on them, the greater will be our control over them..."


"Top of its genre!"


"Revenge, betrayal, passion, bloodshed, lust and love are just a few of the elements of this dark and spellbinding book."


"Justine, realizes she as a vampire could actually love and in fact is in love with Gascoyne. I think that was the turning point in the story."


"This vampire romance is rich in history, deep in blood sex and exotic locations and is very highly recommended."


"Vampires have their own allure and none more so than the female."



No comments:

Post a Comment