Sunday, June 19, 2016

Update on Bathory Book!



Countess Erzsebat Bathory and her favorite mirror. The one she could lean on and study her face for any signs of aging. If only there had been plastic surgeons then! Upwards of 200 (figures vary) young women might not have perished!

You know about her, right? The quirky but 'fun' countess who had absolute power and could do whatever she pleased? Sadly, she had a penchant for bathing in blood. She thought it would help her to remain young-looking.

Sigh.

She was so rich and powerful, that her husband who was also rich and powerful, TOOK HER NAME!

To make a long story short (as they say), when I thought to write about Countess Erzsebat Bathory, I knew it would be a challenge. I like to get into my characters' skins, especially my main character. That is a left over from my having studied method acting many years ago, wherein you become your character.

I think she was jealous aside from wanting to remain youthful so I made her fly into 'red mist' rages, fuelled by insane, lethal jealousy. That was the motivation. That was when she kills. And she kills a lot!

I don't want to tell you more right now, I will in future posts. This book will go into the Creativia line up soon and I wanted you to know what to expect. You'll be reading a lot more about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment