Sunday, September 17, 2017

A Fun Post! Disney and Us!



Just thought of this post! I commented to a friend on Facebook about Goofy and thought of this.
Disney's cartoon characters are really based on human nature--our short comings and so forth!

Goofy is how we feel sometimes. Who hasn't felt like that in a social situation at some time in their life? A party perhaps where you feel out of place? Out on a date and perhaps feel outclassed?



Donald Duck is us wanting a raise and being afraid to ask for it. He's a frustrated version of the average person who got shoved out of line, got shoddy goods they won't take back or refund or maybe he's the guy who got dumped and is frustrated because, say, Daisy moved away and left no forwarding address!



Mickey is the teacher's favorite. Mickey is how our parents wanted us to be. In my childhood I felt I alternated between Donald and Goofy. Mickey was to be admired. Somehow he was more perfect than I thought I was.



If you have a dog, you know Pluto inside and out. Pluto is everybody's dog! He just is.



When I get a rejection with regard to a submission, I've been Donald Duck, when I come to terms with it, I'm Mickey Mouse and when I get a bad review I'm Goofy! 

So there you go! I think Disney was brilliant. He had genuine beings in those characters. Funny cartoon characters that people could identify with! Truly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment