Sunday, January 6, 2019

It's Time to Get Going!



What are your New Year's resolutions? Are you going to work more regularly on your work in progress?  I hope to!

I feel when we survive Christmas and get past New Year with resolutions and everything, we should (keyword) dust ourselves off and do all those post holiday things. Lose weight, possibly--and get going with our writing if that's what we do.

I am planning on working on my work in progress more regularly! I do have another book in mind to follow it, but that can be tricky. It's almost a fool-proof way to procrastinate and shelve the w.i.p. by jumping ahead to the other work! I've discussed this with friends and after some sniggering they say, "No!"  They know me, you see!

I'd love to hear from you if you are resolved to do more work on your writing, planning or even researching.

And meanwhile, let me wish us ALL a very happy, prosperous new year filled with determination and positive thinking! 

2 comments:

  1. I do make New Year's resolutions, goals really, with timelines attached to keep me moving. I plan on drafting two novels, editing one from last year, and entering the query trenches.

    Happy New Year to you, too, and YES on the determination and positive thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's great. sounds really good. please keep me posted! best thing--positive thinking! Go for it, Priscilla!

    ReplyDelete